We Exist! is seeking an Campaign Lead to lead the development of a Syrian civil society coalition that serves as the first of its kind, bringing together humanitarian, human rights, and other Syrian organizations for representation in Europe and on an international scale. The Campaign will be responsible for overseeing and expanding the day-to-day work of the coalition, with a focus on advocacy and public campaigning, building its base and increasing its visibility and participation in international fora as an active platform making the voice of Syrian civil society heard.
- Leading campaigns with our members and partners to make their demands heard on the international stage
- Overseeing the development of campaign content, including videos, graphics and websites with partners and creative agencies
- Developing and executing a strategy for the initiative’s international engagement, coming priorities, and long-term sustainability
- Organizing and holding meetings with policy makers, diplomats, and other members of the international community to discuss the work and position of We Exist!
- Managing and coordinating among the member organizations of We Exist!, including planning joint events, statements, campaigns, etc.
- Building the coalition’s membership by drawing in new civil society organizations via public engagement and outreach
- Contributing to international discussions relevant to the Syria conflict while representing the coalition and setting agendas and priorities
- Managing administrative tasks such as coordinating finances and grants as well as reporting to donors
- Occasional travel to locations of international meetings or conferences
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Two or more years of work experience in advocacy and campaigning as well as experience engaging with international organisations and actors
- A solid understanding of the Syrian conflict and its response, both in terms of humanitarian, human rights, and political/development actors and a high commitment to human rights and justice
- Solid relationships with European and international campaigns/movements/networks
- Fluent written and spoken English, with fluent spoken and written Arabic highly preferred
- Possess a proven track record in civic advocacy and public campaigning
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to self-start and work independently, managing multiple tasks and priorities, as well as to create and identify opportunities to contribute to the growth of the platform
- The primary location of this position is flexible, preferably in Berlin. This is a six-month position with the possibility of extension.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 September 2019
About We Exist!
Founded in 2017, We Exist! is an advocacy alliance of over 25 Syrian civil society organisations that aims to provide a platform for strengthened engagement of Syrian civil society in life-saving humanitarian efforts as well as long-term work promoting human rights, dignity, justice, accountability, and an eventual peace and reconstruction in the country.